Please follow the procedures outlined below.
When parents drop off students before school, we respectfully ask that you observe the following safety guidelines:
- When you bring your child to school or pick him/her up, please use the northeast main entrance, following the cars around the lot and along the curb by the office pulling forward to #5 as the line moves. Please pull up as far as you can to the east side of the building, as this allows for more cars to pull up and kids to get out safely. We want to be respectful and help children get to school on time.
- Children should exit your car from the curbside only. Please do not exit your vehicle for any reason–for example, to hug your child, to unlatch a seat belt, to get a backpack from the trunk, to walk your child to the curb. If you need to exit your car for any reason, please park and walk your child up using the crosswalk.
- Please have your children ready to exit the car as you pull up. Have them prepared to exit your vehicle quickly. If they are looking for backpacks. coats, or lunches, it takes time that is valuable to the people behind you.
- For safety reasons, please do not pull up in front of the west side of the building where the buses are lined up. Those who do this will be politely reminded about needing to drop off and pick up from the east entrance. Please do not be offended as we are treating and expecting the same from everyone in this area in order to be fair and safe to all.
- For safety reasons, please do not drop your child off in the west parking lot to walk to the front entrance alone. If you use the west parking lot, you must park and walk your child to the building. Those who do not follow this procedure will be politely reminded about needing to drop off and pick up from the east entrance. Please do not be offended as we are treating and expecting the same from everyone in this area in order to be fair and safe to all.
When parents pick up students after school, we respectfully ask that you observe the following safety guidelines:
- At afternoon pick up, please do not exit your vehicle while in the “curb lane” to go into the school. Please park in a parking place and go inside the building if necessary. You do not want to hold the line up if you do not make it back in time.
- Make sure your car rider tag is hanging from your rearview mirror so the number can be seen. (You will need to go to the office if your tag is not visible to the teacher on duty.)
- Form a “curb lane” all the way to 33rd Street. Please leave an opening for drive through traffic by the marquee sign.
- Form a “single lane” along the sidewalk when picking up your child. Forming two lines dangerously forces children to walk between parked cars.
- Children should enter your car from the curbside only.
- Please be prompt. Children should be picked up by the time the buses depart; typically this happens each day by 3:45 pm. If you have not arrived to pick up your child by approximately 3:45 pm, all students will be taken to the main lobby. Parents will then need to come to the main lobby or office to pick up students.